Summer Beach Travel on the Northeast Coast
by The Coach Team
It’s just starting. In a few weeks we will be enveloped in heat waves that bake us during the days and make the fans and air conditions receive overtime pay through the long summer nights. The change in temperature will make winter and spring seem like a distant memory, and heavy coats and sweaters will be packed away and forgotten for the duration.
We also stop thinking about shoveling snow and ice road conditions, and start to fantasize about the sand and surf and cooler breezes coming in off the water. Swimming and surf and sand are enticing and the only thing potentially problematic is that many locations in the North East are not near large bodies of water. That shouldn’t be a deterrent because there are numerous destinations within a few hundred miles, and those distances can be traveled in the comfort of a modern and luxurious charter tour bus. The great thing is that today’s vehicles do not just come in a ‘one size fits all’ configuration. There are multiple versions of comfortable highway gliders, and experienced assistance to provide the best itinerary for you and your group.
Splash in the Surf or Walk through the Sand & the Local Towns
So where do you go? Here’s some recommendations.
• Cape Cod, MA – So much to do and so many ways to either relax or have adventures. One thing for sure, Cape Cod is a summer town, and a wonderful place to be this time of year. So much history and maritime significance, shops and museums, and possible side trips on the ferry to both Martha’s Vineyard & Nantucket. The food is fantastic and the people are welcoming.
• Lake George, NY – Hot air balloons, great golf, kayaking, tubing, boating and swimming. It has it all. Lake George is like this little upstate NY sanctuary of summer fun, and a perfect place to take the whole family. You will feel that it is vacation time in the summer as soon as you step off the motorcoach.
• Bar Harbor, ME – Maine coastal living! Rustic and beautiful. From scenic beaches to soak in, to whale watching and aerial sightseeing island flights, this is a relaxing ocean centric place to be. The Bar Harbor Village Green is a wonderful place to be.
• Strafford Seawall Overlook, CT – This is more of a day trip destination – and a great one. Devoid of amenities, this is a beautiful beach to walk on and reach the Strafford Point Lighthouse. Marnick’s restaurant is the place to go for snacks and meals, and delicious ice cream is the accessory of the day!
• Sand Bar State Park, VT – For little kids, this might just be the place! This Vermont beach is shallow way out from the shore, and that provides a vast territory that is not too deep for kids to play in. This is another day trip point of interest, and can be combined into a more substantial trip up the coast.
• Second Beach, RI – Considered one of the best beaches in Rhode Island, Second Beach has soft white sand and warm water. The Sachuest Beach at the end is often not very crowded and the fantastic town of Newport is just a few minutes away.
• Rye Beach, NH – A big beach surrounded by many of the area’s top seafood restaurants. Motels are available as are many private rentals. There are weekly fireworks, nightly entertainment & annual events.
Planning Your Itinerary
So there’s a snapshot of more than a half dozen beach travel destinations. These are recommendations, but keep in mind that there are so many more to experience. Coach Tours can help plan your trip and advise on all the little stops to plan in along the route. We know the territory and our professional drivers and staff will do everything we can to assure that your group’s trip to the summer beach towns and surrounding areas is a pleasant, safe and memorable one. Whether you are with a group of traveling senior citizens or adventure seeking extended family of kids, there is a charter motorcoach trip ready to roll just for you.
Start with a call. Let’s just chat about what your desires are, and we’ll both take it from there.